Author Topic: Fyi RCA VLT51 in the surrounding tulsa craigslist if anyone is interested  (Read 262 times)

my junk is stuff

• View Profile
 Not mine, I found it while traveling to relatives. It's cheap. I think it's a vlt51 but it has no description.  Maybe someone will save it.
Dennis H
"Don't mind me, I'm just here to break stuff"

electra225

• View Profile
Link?  Picture?  What is an RCA VLT51?  A TV?  A stereo?  A crock pot?   ;)
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

Larry H

• Global Moderator
  • Little Rock, Arkansas
    • View Profile
--Larry

electra225

• View Profile
Was it top of the line in 1967, Larry?  I like the cabinet, but the controls and turntable look rather cheap. 
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

Bill

• View Profile
Tell me if I'm wrong Larry, it was not top of the line?  I know the changer was not for sure. 

Bill

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
I would agree this was average for RCA Victor's 1967-68 Solid State electronics and record changer.

I have one of these I rescued at the "town dump" without a lid, back cover and rain-soaked walnut. It works somewhat and would be easy to bring back to the condition of the one in Tulsa. A re-capping would be routine and so would the record changer. But nobody would pay much over $100 for it here, so it sits while I work on better stuff. The speakers are not TOTL, not even enclosed, just like the competition from Zenith and Magnavox.

Don't get me wrong though, its a great design for what it is. Now, if only we could get some RCA sales literature uploaded to see what their best efforts were.  :P
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave