Author Topic: Magnavox Stereo Theater 1MR418M restoration  (Read 8264 times)

electra225

• View Profile
Re: Magnavox Stereo Theater 1MR418M restoration
« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2018, 03:34:38 PM »
I need an .0039 at 200 volt cap in the sweep section.  All I have been able to find is either .0033 or .0047.  Wonder how critical the value is.  Everything else I need Sal has.  I suppose Mouser's is my only option?
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2018, 03:41:51 PM »
Or do a quick Google search to see what pops up.  Never can tell.

Chris Campbell

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 08, 2018, 04:11:41 PM »
I found some at Mouser's.  I need a break from their website.  Horrible.  The only word I know to describe it.  If I need to deal with them, I'll probably restuff with PZ's.  I love those things.  I'm referring to the PZ series of e-caps from Nichicon.  They are skinny enough I can restuff a four-section can, no problem.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 08, 2018, 08:28:14 PM »
The only reason I suggested Google is that I often overlook it as a way of finding odd things.  This spring my Mom's Subaru had not been run in a while and the battery was almost dead.  In trying to start it  we got the voltage below some critical minimum and all 4 parking lights started flashing.  Nothing would make them stop except disconnecting the battery.  Recharge, reconnect, and there they went, all 4 flashing no matter what I did.  So my sister did a quick cell-phone Google search on something like "Subaru lights flashing."  There was a quick tutorial.  It involved pushing a button on the underdash computer box while turning the ignition switch.  Damned if it didn't work.  Saved a trip to the Subaru dealer ($$).   Since then I've tried to remember just doing a Google search.  And for little components, eBay sometimes has them and it can be easier than a Mouser order.

Chris Campbell

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 09, 2018, 11:54:35 AM »
This chassis uses a 130Uf @200 volt ecap that appears to be an odd value.  It does not follow the rectifier, so I can increase it to 150uf @ 350 volts, which is a more common value.  I can get the coupling caps I need from Sal.  I prefer to give him my business whenever I can.  Part of the problem I was having with the .0039 was that I was looking in orange drops.  They do not make it in that value that is convenient to obtain.  I like simple.  Anything I perceive to be unnecessarily complicated I avoid.  I am being careful with component values in sweep areas and where I know exact values to be important.  I'm learning, albeit slowly......  "Gloriously Complicated".