Author Topic: RCA TV  (Read 57 times)

Bill

• View Profile
RCA TV
« on: October 12, 2018, 06:29:28 PM »
I know this is not a TV site, but I spotted this on Craig's list and thought it was cool.  Especially since I have one just like it except Blonde.  Oh, by the way, it's not a color set.  It was RCA's top of the line around 1957-58.  It included a hifi speaker system, (woofer and 2 tweeters) and a place to plug in a phonograph. 

Bill

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-mid-century-1958-rca/6720147121.html

electra225

• View Profile
Re: RCA TV
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 11:03:08 PM »
That is a handsome set for sure.  That will go nicely with the blonde one you have, Bill.  I can never remember if the Super or the Deluxe was the higher trim.  That thing would be a sweetheart with a little tune-up.   :)
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 01:50:45 PM »
I love the ad's mention of capacitors lighting up.  Probably true....

Chris Campbell

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 06:43:39 PM »
Capacitors, bulbs, tubes, transistors are all the same to the uninformed.   ;)
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 07:42:15 AM »
I didn't know RCA made a super set, I have only seen a deluxe or lesser models.  This one, and my blonde, have high end features electronically, audio, speakers, but the cabinet is typical of the 50's.  The top and sides are masonite that's had a woodgrain painted, or how ever they did it back then.  The front is the real wood surrounding the picture tube and speaker area.  This one is definitely in better shape than my blonde set.  Mine has the finish coming off the masonite part. 

Bill