Author Topic: Little Imperial Stereo Theatre, FREE Morris, Il  (Read 298 times)

danrclem

• View Profile
Little Imperial Stereo Theatre, FREE Morris, Il
« on: October 12, 2018, 08:21:55 PM »
It's near Joliet, Il.  If I were close it would be in my house already.  I have a Little Imperial the same style but mine just has storage in the center.

Greg, are you up for one more.   ;)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2071980739798028

electra225

• View Profile
Re: Little Imperial Stereo Theatre, FREE Morris, Il
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 11:07:04 PM »
That looks like a smaller TV set than mine has.  VERY nice instrument!  I have all I can handle with the one I've got.  I'm thrilled to have mine, but I have to stand pat for a while.  If a 1ST665 "little" Imperial were to come along......... ;)

Thanks for posting this.  I hope someone on here gets it and gives it a good home.  They are remarkable pieces of engineering.
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.

my junk is stuff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 07:53:35 PM »
Id go get it but it looks like it is gone now
Dennis H
"Don't mind me, I'm just here to break stuff"

danrclem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 07:16:01 PM »
I know in my area it wouldn't have lasted long for free.  There was one for free in my area that was given away and later on the person who got it gave it away.  I missed it twice because I had to work.  I'm retired now so watch out. 

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 10:27:25 AM »
Retirement can be a good thing, or it can be a bad thing.  ;)

Bill

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 02:47:26 PM »
I enjoy retirement so long as that is not all I have to do!  I enjoy working part time.  One can get too much togetherness sometimes.  I could never be retired full time.  I get bored and run by wife nuts.  I stay more focused and enjoy my projects more when they are part time.  I do not fish, or play golf, or play shuffleboard, I hate volunteering, so working part time is a blessing that few people understand.  I could not wait to retire.  The euphoria lasted about two months. 
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 08:28:09 PM »
At 71, I'm still a full time employee.  I also have to collect my Social Security, since there is no benefit to not taking it now and I can work without penalty.  Plus I must withdraw the minimum from my IRA accounts, but not from my 401(k) until I retire.  What that means is that now I can afford to have the Chevy engine rebuilt and make other wild and crazy expenditures.  In addition to being rich, at least as compared with before, I also have something to make me get up in the morning and get moving--on the bicycle and off to work.  On weekends when I'm lazy, I feel creaky and stiff until I make myself get going.  And last, I get to work and do something useful. 

Chris Campbell