Author Topic: Zenith console  (Read 65 times)

TC Chris

• View Profile
Zenith console
« on: November 10, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »
The newspaper has an ad for an estate sale about 15 mi. north of me.  The ad mentions a "vintage Zenith stereo."  No idea what that means.  The photos don't include a console but there is a "compact stereo" shown that may or may not be a Zenith.  You can check it out here; there's a phone number for inquiries:

http://www.wiseowlestatesales.com/event/traverse-city-estate-sale-3/

Lots of interesting tools too and a nice console Victrola (acoustic) but I am trying to avoid acquisitions right now.

Chris Campbell

HiFiFun

• View Profile
Re: Zenith console
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 02:08:30 PM »
Chris,
Looks like there is a Voice of Music hi-fi in those photos.

Not a good photo, but it looks like a stereo similar
to those heavy Motorola suitcases with the 3 channel amp.

If I wasn't 1500 miles away, I'd go look at it.
HFF

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 03:15:39 PM »
If I wasn't tired of stepping over various treasures to get through my garage and shop, I'd go look too.  But it's the same principle as not going to the animal shelter unless you intend to adopt a dog or cat.

Chris Campbell

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 03:56:49 PM »
Do you need to learn how to stack?  There is always room for "just" one more.  At least that's what Bill tells me!   ;)

The VM instrument is a model 730 tape recorder.  It might be the stereo version, can't tell from the pictures. 
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 09:21:33 PM »
Do you need to learn how to stack?  There is always room for "just" one more.  At least that's what Bill tells me!   ;)

The VM instrument is a model 730 tape recorder.  It might be the stereo version, can't tell from the pictures.

Maybe I should visit the sale tomorrow, half-price day....

Chris Campbell

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 11:10:39 AM »
Chris,

Did anything follow you home?  ;)

Bill

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 11:23:40 AM »
I see that Bill was right again!   :) ;)

Chris, if it helps any, I own a model 730 VM recorder.  It has P-P 6BQ5 audio and a 6X9 speaker.  You will be shocked how good of sound VM got from one speaker.
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 01:29:18 PM »
We had some more snow overnight.  I'm happy that I put the snow tires on the truck yesterday.  This a.m. I drove south of town about 20 mi. to get some oak barrels for my sister.  They were first from a distillery Four Roses bourbon) and then from a brewery (Bell's in Kalamazoo).  Maybe I'll check the sale ad and see how far away they are.

Chris Campbell

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 03:46:02 PM »
Chris,

Are the barrels empty?  If not, it could help keep you warm this winter.  ;)

Bill

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 04:08:08 PM »
Remember, they're one step removed from bourbon--used by a brewer to flavor craft beer.  But maybe I could try breathing some fumes.

I did check the estate sale ad.  It was after closing time.  Talk about sucker of the month--I e-mailed the sale operator and asked if they had any remnants.  She e-mailed back, basically, "Like what?"  And I said, well, lots of car stuff/tools/and maybe that old VM tape recorder.  I'll bet the price doubled at that instant.  We'll see.

Chris Campbell

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 04:41:15 PM »
Good luck Chris!

Bill