Author Topic: Modern recording technique  (Read 173 times)

walyfd

• View Profile
Re: Modern recording technique
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 07:04:44 PM »
I've had copies of this album with the Concert Grand on the cover.  Each recording on it is credited to either a Command or Grand Award release which was Enoch Light's subsidiary label.  In any case, it would not be impossible to track the artist based on the album I'd on the back.

Of course, no argument matters as the material was top notch, the recording technology was groundbreaking and the artists were TRUE musicians who played instruments that didn't plug into amplifiers. 

I've listened to some of these Command tapes and you can hear the musicians breathing and turning the pages on their stands. 

To some, the material may be corny or dated but the technology that went into these early records is amazing.  It's not Arthur Lyman, Martin Denney or Less Baxter...  Enoch Light created this whole new technology and orchestration...

electra225

• View Profile
Re: Modern recording technique
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 10:56:16 PM »
Agreed.  I'm thrilled to have a Concert Grand record.  I'm sure I'll enjoy it as much on the CG as I have on my Symphony.  I'm also glad to have my first Command record.  Perhaps it will not be my last.
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.