Author Topic: Just Bought a Rare 45 Player  (Read 2664 times)

Pat L

• Founder of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Southeastern Wisconsin
    • View Profile
Re: Just Bought a Rare 45 Player
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 09:07:59 PM »
Well done Larry!

Larry H

• Global Moderator
  • Little Rock, Arkansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2015, 09:22:15 PM »
Pat, I got this changer working perfectly on the bench. I reinstalled everything in the cabinet, and took it back to the bedroom and started playing records on it.  Within a few minutes it developed "rejectitis" and was continually rejecting records.

Back to the bench it had to go, and I removed the changer, adjusted the bracket at the end of the slide that controls how close the cam wheel gets to the knurled roller, and got that issue fixed.

Everything has to be adjusted absolutely perfectly for these little RP-190 record changers to work right.

Believe I've got it this time.  I've been playing records for over an hour and it hasn't missed a beat!  ;)
--Larry

AstroSonic100

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 11:36:21 AM »
I have several of those RP-190s installed in the RCA 45 portable players.  I agree they are a pain to get everything adjusted just right.  I also have several of the RP-168 changers which were the first ones they made.  I like them because they use a star wheel instead of the rubber wheel to run the change cycle.  They seem less finicky than the RP-190s.
Ray