Author Topic: Ebony Bell & Howell 872 is back!  (Read 903 times)

BigMike

• View Profile
Ebony Bell & Howell 872 is back!
« on: October 12, 2015, 01:58:43 PM »
Hello everyone, new member Mike in Chicago here With the ebony McCobb 872 that seemed to have slipped away. We live
in a home with a few pieces of Paul McCobb furniture and dreamed of the day we could find a McCobb HiFi. Honestly I
had come to think it might never happen, or take many many years. Then out of the blue Dennis of this same forum, put us onto
this ebony beauty from California. I am led to believe this is the same one mentioned earlier by Harbourmaster, connected to Walt Disney? Apparently it popped up again online somewhere else for appreciably more than the original $400 asking price on Craigslist. We jumped at the chance and the rest is history. I came across this site when doing research and connected the dot's that ours might be the same one mentioned here. Dennis has the separate speaker to pair with his console. Cant attest to it's functionality, waiting for an experienced tech to look it over first.
One thing that is perhaps news is that it appears the original turntable was replaced with a Dual 1264.

I'll post some pics as well.

Mike

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
Re: Ebony Bell & Howell 872 is back!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 02:13:37 PM »
Welcome Aboard BigMike!

Glad to see that this console has found a home with someone that will give it the love and attention that it deserves!

Please fill us in on where you found the console for sale as I have been semi-actively searching for it ever since it disappeared from the local CL, and would love to know where and when it showed up again online.
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

Pat L

• Founder of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Southeastern Wisconsin
    • View Profile
Re: Ebony Bell & Howell 872 is back!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 05:32:39 PM »
Hi Mike,
I can help with an original turntable if your goal is an original restoration. I'm so glad you were able to make a deal for this wonderful piece. It looks fantastic in your place already.
Pat