Author Topic: Magnavox Stereo Theater  (Read 23233 times)

Nrayer

• View Profile
Re: Magnavox Stereo Theater
« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2017, 02:36:13 PM »
New here to this sight. I just picked up this.  It needs some work for sure. Is it what you guys have been talking about?

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2017, 04:17:39 PM »
Sure is.  I have been looking for over two years for one.  Everybody else seems to find them.   :-[
If it ain't broke, call me.  I can break it....

Nrayer

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 01, 2017, 04:33:12 PM »
Too bad you are in az. I don't have the knowledge to get it back in working condition and would pass it along cheap, but am in michigan

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 01, 2017, 07:52:58 PM »
I am actually in Missouri for another week or so.  How big a hurry are you in to sell?  Maybe we could get together in the Spring.  Do you have model numbers?  Maybe we could work something out.  What part of Michigan are you in?

Edit....I found that model in the 1962 catalog.  It is either a 1MV417 or 1MV418, depending on if it has remote control or not.  12" big speakers with either cone or horn tweeters.  24" black and white CRT. 

Edit, again.......Looking really close this time, I see it has a remote control sensor in the corner of the CRT mask.  Is the remote with the instrument?

Nrayer

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 01, 2017, 10:24:10 PM »
Yep, its the 418 and no remote came with it.

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 02, 2017, 07:03:11 PM »
Got it.  Thank you.  If that remote is like the remote on my CG, it might not work anyway.  I believe the model is 1MR418.  "R" is for remote control.  I like it.  It is the series I am looking for.  If you are serious about wanting to get rid of it, I'd like a crack at it.

Where in Michigan are you located?

Nrayer

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 04, 2017, 05:20:01 PM »
very serious. I saved it, thinking it would look awesome in my house. Obviously, not aware of the work it will need. It's a great looking console, other than the top needs to be refinished, sides and front are perfect. Rather pass it along to someone that can get it working. I am in southeast michigan. Near ann arbor. Send me an email at nrayer@ameritech.net if you want to