Author Topic: Magnavox Concert Grand accidental find...  (Read 7785 times)

calemstevens

• View Profile
Re: Magnavox Concert Grand accidental find...
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2016, 07:22:50 PM »
Hi Caleb,

I'm a little behind at looking at the forum and just discovered your find.  Wow!  I also enjoyed your YouTube video of it playing.  Great song to show it off with as well.  My kind of music.  May I ask were you are located?  You may PM me if you prefer.  Thanks for sharing and congrats.

Bill

Bill, thanks for checking out the thread and the video. Yes, I have a dozen or so 50's/ early 60's Nat King Cole albums on the Capitol label. They are my absolute favorite to play on these old units. Something about his voice and that old, quality high fidelity vinyl.

I am located near Eugene, Oregon.

AlexanderMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2016, 12:27:35 AM »
It's interesting to see Magnavox used quite a bit more filter caps in these amps then say an amp 81-01.

You definitely do want to change those, I recommend Nichicon's PW line of filter capacitors, great quality, long life, 105C rated, ect ect. Throw a couple terminal strips in and that unit should last a loooong time. Those orange drops seem to last forever.

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2016, 11:35:28 AM »
Hi Caleb,

Eugene Oregon.....I'm Michigan.  I have a friend that I grew up with that lives in Portland area.  I guess we console nuts are scattered everywhere.

Bill