Author Topic: Motorola 1963 Console SK112CW  (Read 1093 times)

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
Motorola 1963 Console SK112CW
« on: November 10, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »
Here is a console I got from a local CL listing as a "buffet". Born August 1962 (8M62), just a year older than the SKR151 in my avatar but also equipped with the Vibrasonic and the same controls layout. This model also has only 5 speakers, including the single 12" LF driver for the center channel. 

This console was likely overlooked because of the Non-Drexel cabinet in early American cherry-walnut, ending up at a "mud sale" auction, where the seller got it. :P
It even has a separate chassis for the tube multiplex adapter add-on. Chassis numbers are HS-1048B for the 3-channel (each with 2 x 6V6 p-p) Amplifier and HS1043B Tuner/Preamp. I do not have the Sams but if someone has the factory manual, I would be very glad to buy copies ;) Thanks Pat for posting the owners manual and even the 1963 catalog!

As you can see, its loaded with dust but the tubes seem original except the 5U4 on the amp chassis. A deep, careful cleaning needs to be done and a re-capping/pots cleaning should bring it to life.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

Pat L

• Founder of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Southeastern Wisconsin
    • View Profile
Re: Motorola 1963 Console SK112CW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 01:14:51 PM »
You are very welcome for the manual and catalog. I just love the artwork in the Motorola literature, it's truly beautiful. I also like Motorola consoles, I find them to be of very high quality and design. Pat

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
Re: Motorola 1963 Console SK112CW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 01:53:13 PM »
Nice console!

IMO the Early American (American Traditional) style cabinetry is even more difficult to sell than the FP!!
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!