Author Topic: Got Some Vintage Altec Lansing Speakers  (Read 4166 times)

AC207

• 207-450-7299
    • View Profile
Re: Got Some Vintage Altec Lansing Speakers
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 06:55:21 AM »
Well, all of the speakers and crossover appear to be functional.  I'm going to put them back in the cabinet this weekend and will share the results.

https://youtu.be/nCunmw5IYGg
An honest man's pillow is his peace of mind.

AC207

• 207-450-7299
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 03:04:31 PM »
I always try to remember Oscar Wilde's quip about the kind of people who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.  Maximizing present financial benefit isn't always the best course of action.  It's like the fishermen who cut fins off sharks for the Asian trade and dump the living creatures back to die, or the people who steal illustrations from antique books in the library to sell to the picture-framing trade.  I hate to see cool stuff chopped up, parted out, and severed from its context.  Kinda like the guitar-amp crowd who grab the Magnavox amps and dump all the rest.....

Chris Campbell

Well, so I've learned that while the speakers in the unit are pretty rare and desirable, they are not (with exception of mid range driver) original to that vintage cabinet.  It appears that this is a rare case of people actually inquiring and making offers on the cabinet specifically. Some of the people asking about it have the correct components and are lacking a second cab needed to create a stereo setup.

Who knew? 

AC207

• 207-450-7299
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 11:07:07 AM »
Final update- I did find a single home for everything so even though it's not all correct for the cabinet it will remain intact!

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 09:37:57 PM »
Excellent! 
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!