Author Topic: FM-33 table radio  (Read 964 times)

TC Chris

• View Profile
FM-33 table radio
« on: December 20, 2015, 05:47:24 PM »
Some time ago I bought  a Magnavox table radio, a solid state stereo model lacking the external speaker.  All the paper labels are missing.  It shows up in the 1965 catalog as the FM-33 and in the 1966 catalog as the 2-FM33.  Mine as some numbers stenciled on the bottom of the case.  It shows FM-33 and MWP/6/66.  I'm guessing that "MWP" is somebody Wood Products and the numbers are for June, 1966.  It needs to be recapped, at least in the power supply, and at some point I should build a little second-channel speaker.

I'll attach a photo.

Chris Campbell

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
Re: FM-33 table radio
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 07:50:06 AM »
Nice radio. I also buy these little guys when I see them.

AlexanderMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 01:09:37 PM »
These Magnavox table radios are great sets! they sure do smoke a lot of table radios from that era.

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 08:49:57 AM »
The sound quality is great on these and yours is stereo, not easy to find.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 07:13:54 PM »
I was just thinking about the radio this a.m. (it sits on the kitchen floor right now since I extracted it from the basement for the photo) and just popping some filter caps in so it can sound off. For me, the fun part of these devices is seeing how they sound and how they grab signals. The remote stereo speaker on these old stereo table radios seem to get lost easily.  I've also got a Zenith stereo table set (tube) that's missing its companion speaker.  My idea is to aim for the right dimensions of enclosure and speaker and to get the right efficiency for the speaker for each one.  To many projects, not enough time....

Chris Campbell