Author Topic: RCA 45 player  (Read 786 times)

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
RCA 45 player
« on: December 22, 2015, 06:55:20 PM »
I have had  no luck with finding any big consoles lately.I did find this little guy. I thought it was a radio when I first saw it. It was only $15 and was easy to find a spot for it in my room.

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: RCA 45 player
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 11:22:25 PM »
Looks like the headshell is complete with some tape residue to show you where to tape the penny on to make it track stubborn records!  My first 45 player was an add-on RCA changer, a bit older than that, that played through a WW II era tabletop radio-phone with a 78 rpm changer installed in its top.  The 45 changer tended to be impatient with slightly warped or over-modulated discs--short tonearm, maybe a cartridge that was losing compliance with age.  It's in line for a "someday" renovation. 

Does your new purchase work, or does it need work?

Chris Campbell

Larry H

• Global Moderator
  • Little Rock, Arkansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 11:34:32 PM »
I hate seeing tape or tape residue on tonearms or motorboards.  People who do this don't realize how difficult that stuff is to get off, and they don't care.
--Larry

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 07:08:54 AM »
It doesn't work but it does look original and untouched. It had the cord on it but it was super brittle and making a mess so I cut it off. I didn't know that it had tubes until I got it home and opened it up.The lid has a piece broken off the edge and I don't know what to do about that.