Author Topic: Fisher Medalist II  (Read 1518 times)

amglow

• Durham, NC
    • View Profile
Fisher Medalist II
« on: January 22, 2016, 12:17:33 PM »
This is only the 2nd Fisher console I've seen, in this area, while searching for over 2 years to satisfy my addiction.   :) It's a Fisher Medalist II with the R20 chassis.  The chassis diagram in back says the model number is "PR20M".  I assume that is for "Provence" R20 in Mahogany cabinet.  Bass speaker date code shows early 1958 production.  That makes sense because I think  the receiver knobs are those used in 1958.  It has the Garard 121 record changer.

Amazingly, the radio is in excellent playing condition, with no hum.  The sellers had it playing when I arrived.  All controls work with minimal static.  Very powerful room filling sound. With the Brilliance, Presence, Bass, and Treble controls it's very easy to set the audio to your preference.  The eye tube doesn't work, however.  The record changer spins up slowly, with help, but will need work.  The right cabinet door has cosmetic damage where the decorative handle is mouted.  AND it has the original Mullard EL84/6BQ5 output tubes.  Easily worth the $75 purchase price.

One knob is missing the center/beauty cap.  If anyone out there has a spare  or replacement center beauty cap, please let me know.  Thanks.
Paul

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Fisher Medalist II
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 12:42:09 PM »
Very nice

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 02:34:48 PM »
Excellent find Paul!
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

M.Yu

• In the Vintage Vanguard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 04:08:01 PM »
What a beauty!

walyfd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 04:32:40 PM »
Great find!  Love the gold lettering on the wood. 

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 11:24:19 PM »
Interesting how much the console's design matches my '56 Provincial Serenade.

AlexanderMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 02:01:13 AM »
Hi sir, could you whenever you find it to be of convenience take a good picture of the underside of the chassis? I have a Medalist as well that has a weird grounding issue but no schematic of it exists, thank you.