Author Topic: EKCO Console ?  (Read 931 times)

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
EKCO Console ?
« on: January 24, 2016, 08:52:07 PM »
I found this one out shopping today. It wasn't priced to bad but I have never heard of this brand. It looks different than the stuff I normally see. Any info would be helpful.

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: EKCO Console ?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 11:45:51 PM »
I see it has a Lenco turntable.  I've got a turntable like that.  It's a continuously-variable-speed device, using a vertical idler wheel (unlike the much more common horizontal ones that run on the rim of the turntable).  The idler is often hardened, making them noisy, but you can replace the rubber with a large O-ring.  I've got the size written down somewhere if you need it.  The later, more exotic versions are sought-after. 

Chris Campbell

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 11:48:41 PM »
I just noticed--the nameplate in the photo indicates that it's English (they call radio/phono units "radiograms).  That's aso indicated by the Goodmans speaker.  But the most important aspect is that it's designed to run on 220V, not our 110.   The changer motor can probably be wired to run on 110.

Chris Campbell

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 06:17:58 AM »
I didn't buy this one yet . They want $130. I wanted to do a little research on it first. I might offer $50 and see what happens.

19and41

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 02:12:14 PM »
E. K. Cole Co.  They made a number of iconic bakelite cabinet designs for tabletop radios.  Not a common name here.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke