Author Topic: Braun Console  (Read 1157 times)

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
Braun Console
« on: January 24, 2016, 09:42:38 PM »
Braun makes shavers and Consoles? My luck ran out with this one.I did not buy this one. It was priced at $400.

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: Braun Console
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 11:41:30 PM »
All those German consoles of that era had the same layout on the electronics--the multiple bands, the two knobs at the ends, the row of pushbuttons underneath.  I always wondered if there was just one manufacturer putting different names on them.  This one is actually a more modern look, white and gray.  The older versions were usually brown and gold. 

Chris Campbell

Hull Rust

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:36:49 AM »
Dieter Rams design.

audiocarp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 11:11:28 AM »
All the German and Austrian radios appear to have been made by AEG-Telefunken to incredibly-high standards of workmanship and design. I looked at the bandswitching linkage on another Dieter Ram Braun and concluded that if Germany ever decided to leave NATO and wage war against us, we'd be hopelessly out-gunned in the brains department!

audiocarp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 11:27:14 AM »
Iím looking for a solution to the problem of running a Braun SK5 radio/phonograph designed for 220V/50Hz power off of 120V/60Hz power. The problem is not the voltage (which can be stepped up), but the frequency which is 20% faster here in the US.

Iíve tried to generate 220V/50Hz power by two different means with mixed results, so I'm starting to think the best way is with a smaller pulley. Does anyone know if such a thing exists or a way to have one made? (I know it's been done with 3-D printing, but the result was off-speed and terrible wow & flutter.)

Consoleman

• Southeastern PA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 12:13:12 PM »
You're going to have to replace the pulley or the motor, the pulley is the best bet. Maybe shave it down on a lathe?
Mark