Author Topic: Finally Pictures from Bill  (Read 5851 times)

Duce67US

• View Profile
Re: Finally Pictures from Bill
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 04:30:36 PM »
Hi Bill!

It seems that I have the same Magnavox Console as your 3ST657A

I had ZERO Docs included with mine, but am also curious as to what all the numbers mean.
My console also has 12" woofers and (should have) horns.
It did have the paper with the component layout and wiring diagram.

It also had the serial tag/run number and stenciled on the cabinet the following information.
3ST657A  Run number 1
Finish  - S. Wal
SN: 1742223

The stencil was:
JC-2-23.
69401 8-4.
657- S. WAL.

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 07:33:11 PM »
It's nice to see other car buffs beside me.  I guess car, Magnavox, trains, and theater pipe organs all go together.  I kind of added two extras there but they are high on my list of things is like.  I know I'm crazy but........

I have had many Buicks over the years.  Also Oldsmobile's and GMC.  My two favorite Buicks are the Riviera's, had a 72 and 73 boattail.  Also the Skylark GS series.  Daily driver is a Buick Terraza Van.  Go figure but it's a Buick and besides all the better to haul those Magnavox's. 

My latest is my Avatar.  I have always liked those little cars and being small not much to clean and wax and very simple to repair. 

Bill

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 07:47:50 PM »
Hi Duce67US

Not sure what all of it mean either but one question was answered......I wondered if the one in the beginning of the model referred to run number.  Your model number starts with a three like mine but your run number is one.  My run number is three.  So we have a partial answer but sill a mystery. 

You made the statement that "it should have the horns" meaning yours should have horns?  Not sure what you mean?  Have you restored yours?  All I have done to mine is scrub and polish.  I also see you have the other walnut finish.  Mine is the  natural walnut and I can't remember  what the S on yours means.  Maybe satin.   Your cabinet number is JC-2-23.  Mine JC-2-44.  Maybe the difference is the "N" or "S" or maybe the run number.

I hope with time we can figure this out.

Bill

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 09:27:43 PM »
Bill, I have a buddy who is a Riviera guy.  He has a '69 GS and a '67 GS.  He likes the 430 V-8's. 

Since you showed us your little car, I'll show you mine.  Certainly one of my weaker moments, but I have been wanting one forever.

2014 Mini Cooper S.  122 cid of intercooled, turbocharged, direct injected raging horsepower, all 189 of them.  The only thing that will outrun this thing from a light is a Harley or a Dodge Challenger Hellcat.

If it ain't broke, call me.  I can break it....

Duce67US

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 12:19:13 PM »
From what I can gather, the finish codes are N = Natural (Dark) S = Sable (Light)

When I bought my console ( thrift store find) it was tagged as missing the power supply. If the cabinet had not been in such fantastic shape, I would have left it there.   
After getting it home and pulling the back, the AMP, MPX and Horns had all been liberated.  :(

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 08:57:06 PM »
Sable, that's it.  Thanks for telling me I could not think of it.  Sorry you got shorted some components, are you trying to find them or just happy with a nice piece of furniture?  So what other goodies do you listen too?

Bill

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 11:05:29 PM »
Bill, you asked for a picture of my Buick.  This is the first one I found.  This is the Kawanis Park car show in Tempe, AZ.

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 12:58:13 AM »
My daily driver is a 66 VW bug and the wife owns a triple black 66 Mustang convertible... of course it only goes out on the road for special occasions these days.
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 06:50:07 AM »
Your 225 is beautiful!  So since you had the car in the Tempe show does that mean you live in Arizona?

Nice cars Ken.  I have always had a soft spot for the vintage Mustang.

Bill

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2016, 03:39:11 PM »
Ken, I have a friend in Missouri who owns a triple black '66 Mustang fastback with a "High Performance" 289 in it.  Automatic with factory air.  I never owned a Bug.  I always wanted one.

Bill, I live in Arizona in the winter.  Missouri in the summer.  I think you know that drill, though...... ;)

The burgundy car parked next to the Buick in that picture is a 1932 Buick model 57 Victoria coupe.  Dual sidemounted with two spares on the back and a rumble seat.  Still has a 6-volt Straight 8 and stump-pulling gears.  About 55 is all it will do without the pistons wanting to trade holes!...... 8)

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2016, 04:10:33 PM »
The wife/s car is automatic with factory air (unusual for a convertible) and power brakes, but sadly it is a lowly 2bbl 289.

My bug is still 6v all the way, upgraded headlights with Porsche racing halogen lamps from a 356. It's also been boosted to a full 1600 CC, with a 30PICT carb and hand reworked singleport heads, along with a 6v/200mm Flywheel & Clutch assy. 
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2016, 04:17:16 PM »
Mikes "Hi-Po" 289 has power steering and power brakes, pretty unusual for that old a Mustang.  Most had "Armstrong" steering and brakes.  Those "lowly" 2-bbl 289's could dust the doors of more potent machinery in their day, Ken.  The were not much in a big Ford, but they were more than adequate in the lighter Fairlanes, Mustangs and Falcoons............ ;)

Here is the picture I was looking for.  My favorite pose.  It shows off the bodywork and the chrome.  Exactly twice as long as my MINI.  Radiator to radiator, the MINI comes back to the door handles on the Buick.....

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2016, 09:18:11 PM »
Nothing wrong with a 2 barrel Ken and it sounds like your VW might have some zip.

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 01:41:09 PM »
Oh yeah the little Pony has plenty of get up and go, and it's actually pretty thrifty on gas too!

Bill, you know the old saying "It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow"? Well that applies 100% to my little red buggy!
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 10:06:40 PM »
Amen Ken..........