Author Topic: Nice Magnavox  (Read 1829 times)

electra225

• View Profile
Nice Magnavox
« on: February 10, 2016, 05:44:41 PM »
This thing has been for sale here locally for at least three years that I know of.  It was listed at $300 for ever, it seems, and has only recently been lowered to $275.  Problem is, there is no way to contact the owner!  She will not answer email due to spam, and has not listed a phone number.  I even had a friend try to figure out a way to contact her, with no success.  I'm not sure what model this is, but I'm guessing a Berkeley, maybe?  (I reserve the right to be wrong).   :-\
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
Re: Nice Magnavox
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 05:53:19 PM »
I guess.... ghost console!!!

How about a link!?
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 07:57:23 PM »
Sorry.  I thought I posted the link.  Senior moment, I guess...... ;)

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/clt/5394935297.html

The Berkeley part is a guess, BTW.

Magnavoxland

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 08:01:01 PM »
Greg, that's a Berkshire.  I have the stereo version.  This one may be the 1957 mono version.

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 08:03:06 PM »
I had the "Berk" part right, at least.  I think I asked for the right to be wrong.  Thanks, Larry.  I figured I'd get straightened out if I was wrong.

Magnavoxland

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 08:38:17 PM »
Greg, I suppose she finally decided to list her phone number.  Click on "reply" at the top of her ad and the phone number will come up.

(480) 967-9125

Magnavoxland

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 08:52:48 PM »
Greg, I fully understand about those senior moments.  This happens to me all the time.  I stopped by Dollar General today and knew I went there for one item, but couldn't remember what it was I needed.  After about 10 minutes in the store, it came to me what I went there for. 

There are times I head to the computer, walk down the hall and bring up a browser, then can't remember what I came in here for.

It's the pits getting old.   ;)

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 09:47:00 AM »
Hey, great, Larry, thanks for the phone number.  She may have decided to get more calls that way..... :)

You interested?  I'll call her and go see it and take more pics if that will help.  I need to be in that area next week on business............. ;)

If you decide to buy it, I'll even store it until spring and haul it to Missouri for you in April.  All it will cost you is what you pay for the instrument and the trip from your house to mine in Missouri, 100 miles north of Springfield.  I have my little "Magnavox" trailer handy!  When have you gotten a better deal than that?

I know this instrument has a later stereo Collaro changer in it........  I believe from an Astro-Sonic....

Let's try for a bigger picture.

Magnavoxland

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 10:45:04 AM »
Greg, I appreciate your offer; however, I think my stereo Berkshire is enough.  There was an empty Berkshire cabinet in north Dallas a few months ago for $50 and I thought about getting it, but I would have had to find a tuner, amp, speakers, and changer for it. 

This one in Phoenix is definitely the 1957 mono version since it has a lift lid for the changer compartment.  The 1958 stereo version has the glass sliding top doors.

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 11:50:22 AM »
Somebody should have the Berkshire.  It has an Imperial badge on it.  It already has a stereo changer, so that would be good.  It is just not my cup of tea.  I would make the same offer to anyone else living in the Midwest who would want this instrument.  I have a little 4'X8' Wells Cargo trailer that I pull out here filled with junk each year.  I usually pull it home pretty much empty.  I want to be prepared in case I find a Stereo Theater on the way back home!......... ;)