Author Topic: 1946? CapeHart Farnsworth 111M2 FM  (Read 999 times)

JonnyBoom

• View Profile
1946? CapeHart Farnsworth 111M2 FM
« on: June 28, 2016, 03:59:20 AM »
I'm hoping someone can give me some information on this console. I'm not quite certain how to use these forums, so I'm sorry if I posted this incorrectly. I received some information from "the wonderful CapeHart" gentleman on the Internet, but not much. For some reason, I've been collecting vintage/antique tube radios. I also have an airline console, RCA Victor, Silvertone and Magnavox. This unit is pretty cool. It automatically flips the record over for you and from I can tell it has a "multi record holder" as well. I've been told the power amplifier is a Brook and is similar to the fender showman guitar amp. I have not tried plugging it in as I've been informed the caps have a possibly of exploding. I'm really quite new to all of this, so with any luck I can learn more on this forum. I'll attach some pictures. Thanks!

- Jonny Boom

JonnyBoom

• View Profile
Re: 1946? CapeHart Farnsworth 111M2 FM
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 04:02:06 AM »
More pics

Consoleman

• Southeastern PA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 11:57:15 AM »
That looks like an amazing find. Good move on not plugging it in! If you look in the Links section of this site there is an article on recapping. It will need a thorough electrical and mechanical refurb but it will be well worth it!
Mark

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 12:17:52 PM »
Very interesting - and it looks powerful too!

That model number could be in Sams but it looks similar to this http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel/589/M0002589.pdf

Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

JonnyBoom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 12:52:25 AM »
Thanks guys! Looks like I have a good starting point now. Much appreciated!

- Boom

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 06:35:30 AM »
Hey Boom,

If you have not checked out this site I might suggest you do, or Google Capehart and find the site:

The Capehart Phonograph
capehartphonograph.com

I have two different friends that have Capeharts and both are very knowledgeable on the units.  I believe there is a club or forum just on Capeharts.  If you would like I can check with them?

Capeharts were/are awesome units and as you read my suggestion you will find they were the best for there time.

Have fun,

Bill