Author Topic: Zenith model HR966P Allegro Console  (Read 723 times)

dougtaylor

• View Profile
Zenith model HR966P Allegro Console
« on: July 08, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »
I believe to be a 1967-68 model from my childhood. I listened to a lot of old country music my dad would play on this console. And of course I became a musician as a result.
I am searching for a set of schematics and/or service information so I can restore my fathers old console that he left to me upon his passing. Does anyone know where I can find this information? Sams Photo Facts use to be a great source but they no longer exist. Zenith is owned by LG now and they were of no help.
Thank you!
Doug Taylor

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
Re: Zenith model HR966P Allegro Console
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 01:50:58 PM »
Doug nice to have you aboard!

SAMS still exists but you will need a chassis number to locate your schematic so you will need to open up the console and look for some numbers on the chassis.

http://www.samswebsite.com/photofacts.html

Once you have the chassis number you might also check here for a copy of the SAMS, Steve's scans are much better than what you get from SAMS IMO and the price is better too!!
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

dougtaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 08:49:49 PM »
Hi and thanks for the welcome.
Here's what I have... MOD: 1102E176... Serial Number: 9165547... Service #HR966P... Run #9... Chassis # 12WHR29 all found on the back tag of unit.
I will check out the sams website you gave me.
Thanks again!
Doug

SeniorSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 09:30:49 PM »
I will second what Harbourmaster says, if you can download the Sams from Steve's site you will be much happier.  I downloaded a Sam's for my Zenith console and basically couldn't read it.  What they do is to shrink an 11x17 page down to a letter sized one, so you have 2 pages on each side of an 8.5x11 inch piece of paper.  The schematic was basically un-useable without a magnifying glass and if you blew the diagram up, the resolution was so poor it was pixellated to the point of being blurry.  I paid $15.00 for the Sams from Sam's, and $6.95 for the same one from Steve's.  Better quality and less expensive, what's not to like!.  Here's a link to the area in Steve's site that has the schematics    http://www.theschematicman.com/

Steve