Author Topic: Magnavox Imperial Restoration #2  (Read 645 times)

AlexanderMartin

• View Profile
Magnavox Imperial Restoration #2
« on: September 26, 2016, 07:37:26 PM »
Since I got parts coming in for my super duper secret EH Scott project, I thought I'd do some work on my Magnavox Imperial.

I made an earlier thread discussing the front firing conversion, however after my little bass mod I do on the amps, I was quite happy with how my friend Rick's Imperial sounded, so I don't think I'll change it in that regard and leave it stock, that way nobody here is pulling out their hairs at my heresy. Another person mentioned the side firing models are more rare, is this true?

Anyway, I began to work on the cabinet first and foremost, as it was quite bad and still is. The top is going to be last as I am going to be putting in some good detailing on the top and making it look perfect. So I did a majority of the cabinet. I found that a wipe on satin finish was the most effective as it's not as 'picky' as full blown high gloss, plus it dries quicker and easily gets in those nooks and crannies. I found a finish that (imo) resembles the stock factory finish the most, and so far i'm quite happy with how it's coming along. Excuse the phone pictures, i'll take something more 'appropriate' when the top is done.

I'll be tackling and refining the electronics probably next week, so I think the doing the cabinet this week would be the most efficient. Anyone got a MPX chassis lying around? :)

Billsmith60

• View Profile
Re: Magnavox Imperial Restoration #2
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 08:11:46 AM »
How's it going with the Magnavox Imperial, have you anymore pics, your documentation is good, I'd like to see more. Thanks Bill

AlexanderMartin

• View Profile
Re: Magnavox Imperial Restoration #2
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 06:54:39 PM »
Will be uploading more progress soon. Stay tuned :) Been busy with college.