Author Topic: F-200c in a 59/60 Imperial?  (Read 483 times)

voxACthirtee

• View Profile
F-200c in a 59/60 Imperial?
« on: October 01, 2016, 04:56:05 PM »
Going through a 59/60 Imperial Danish Modern and the turntable won't get spinning when turned on. Speakers are dated 934, so they were made mid/late-ish 59. Tuner has a magic eye tube.
At this point i've just checked that the tuner is spitting out 115v AC when the input selector is on "Stereo"(Phono), and it does.

Just want to doublecheck thats its the right one.
I'm pretty sure it is, as it has the relay for use with the remote,
but it also has been removed for sure(springs are there, clips are not) and
on first glance without taking it apart, i see duct tape around one of the wheels through the top.

Looking at the info in this section there is nothing on an F-200C, but it shows up on the Google.

Any thoughts? I'd like to fix/repair the correct one for this model.

AlexanderMartin

• View Profile
Re: F-200c in a 59/60 Imperial?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 09:31:19 PM »
Make sure the motor isn't totally gummed up.
Take off the main platter, and there should be an idler wheel and a motor spindle. Make sure that spindle is doing something. If it wont spin, apply some gentle force counter clockwise to get her freed up, just to see if it will actually fire up. If the motor spindle is working, you got a bad idler

voxACthirtee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 11:04:41 PM »
Thanks, haven't opened it up yet, but i'm guessing i can get it going.
The question was actually whether the f-200C is the right turntable for this model. The other posts under the turntable section where folks have asked about 60/61 year Imperials have come with other turntables suggested.

You just went through 2 Imperials, what did they have in them? and did they both have the remote?

Consoleman

• Southeastern PA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 08:38:12 AM »
F200-C sounds right for 59-60, I believe it was the last Conquest prior to the introduction of the Micromatic.
Mark

AstroSonic100

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 11:48:53 AM »
There is a manual for the Collaro Conquest F200C under Downloads > Magnificent Magnavox > Record Changers > Magnavox Custom - Collaro Conquest Changer Service Manual.  This is a factory service manual.
Ray