Author Topic: Motorola SK22M  (Read 676 times)

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
Motorola SK22M
« on: October 16, 2016, 08:28:25 PM »
I was rearranging my shop today and pulled this one out to looks at the speakers. This one has golden voice Motorola speakers. I love the gold on the turntable.

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: Motorola SK22M
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 08:58:29 PM »
Is that  Colllaro changer?  The record size sensor looks familiar, and the center of the turntable says "Made in Great Britain."  The amplifier is a bit wimpy by Magnavox standards.  How does it sound?

Chris Campbell

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 07:10:02 AM »
I have never tried it out. I bought it for $10 cleaned it up and stuck it in the corner of the shop and left it alone.

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 12:29:59 PM »
TC is right about that changer. I never saw one like it either.  ???That is also 100% stereo without the center channel. Both my Motos have a V-M changer, similarly in gold but not as fancy.

That amp is probably so well matched to the speakers it rivals the SE-6BQ5 Zeniths I'm working on.

If you need parts, PM me. I have two 3 channel amp chassis, one is a 9M59 with an open center channel OPT. I have an extra HK-22 (AM-FM non-stereo but with eye tube) tuner also.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

Deutschgerg

• Lexington, Kentucky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 05:07:43 PM »
Nice looking console. I don't see many Motorola's around here. Thanks for sharing. Be sure and let us know how it sounds.
Regards,

Greg

Ken Doyle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 08:56:35 PM »
That's a BSR record changer in a Motorola suit.