Author Topic: Replacing the needle on a Continental 295  (Read 347 times)

MagniMagna

• View Profile
Replacing the needle on a Continental 295
« on: October 19, 2016, 03:14:43 AM »
Ok so now that we know what this baby is (57-59~ Magnavox Continental Model 295C) I've taken some steps and research to make sure it remains in working order. First order of business was to get the changer sounding great again. Scratchy, didn't even know it still had a needle when I bought it cause the thing is so oddly shaped and hidden. Got the right style needle new for it, but I have no idea how to attempt to remove the old one. If anyone could give me some basic instructions possibly on the quick steps involved? I feel like I had it figured out but something seems stuck. I'm not sure though 100% so any guidance would be appreciated. Also, do I take the whole cartridge out somehow by loosening the top screw, or do I leave it in the arm while I'm doing this?

Also haven't been able to find the chassis number. If shined lights behind every crack of the tuner from above and below. Have not been able to take anything out do to lack of appropriate tools. Just moved and left tools behind, I'm not happy about it.

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: Replacing the needle on a Continental 295
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:00:22 AM »
You loosen the little knurled thumbscrew (on the bottom of the cartridge, in the middle) with your fingers and the stylus assembly slides forward and out.  Put the new one in, in the same position, and tighten up the knurled thumbscrew. 

Chris Campbell