Author Topic: Zenith 2 gram tracking adjust?  (Read 267 times)

hermitcrab

• View Profile
Zenith 2 gram tracking adjust?
« on: November 07, 2016, 08:31:45 PM »
I bought a new needle for my Zenith 2 gr micro touch,tried to play a 45 and it just skims over them , it will play 33.3 no problem.  now if I play the 45 at 33.3 it will play them , If I lightly put a little pressure on the arm it will play them... so I need to adjust the tracking force a little more heavier, never played with the weight before on one of these... all I see is a spring attached to a hook jammed into a slot , there are a bunch of slots under the arm... don't tell me this is how they adjust the weight??? seems like a mickey mouse set up to me, I tried to pull out the hook from the slot and it will not budge... is this how to do it? and how much do I move this hook?
Thanks
Elton 
Elton

premier72

• View Profile
Re: Zenith 2 gram tracking adjust?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 07:27:13 AM »
Sounds like you have a early VM made one. If it has that little horseshoe shaped clip then that is how you adjust it. And it doesn't take much and be careful when you squeeze that clip because it will go flying.

hermitcrab

• View Profile
Re: Zenith 2 gram tracking adjust?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 01:03:04 PM »
Yes found that out...lol, adjusted as heavy as I could and still skips on 45's only? weight is now at 3.5 grams, am thinking the saddle is worn out on the cartridge ...
Elton