Author Topic: Motorola SK100MP-T  (Read 387 times)

three3smiths

• View Profile
Motorola SK100MP-T
« on: December 22, 2016, 10:28:27 AM »
Hi
I ran across one of these consoles and cant find anything about it.  I have located a similar cabinet however it has two larger face dials instead of the one dial this one has.  I wondered if anyone knows anything about it. I'm interested in the year and possible value if restored.

Thanks so much
Nancy Sue

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
Re: Motorola SK100MP-T
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 01:36:32 PM »
The SK-100 chassis is from 1963 and has 4 tubes 12AX7A, 35C5, 35C5, 35W4 This player likely has 3 small speakers.

As far as value for a coffee table console in this style your guess is as good as anyone's. Whats it worth to you?

-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 07:10:41 PM »
The "four tubes" must refer to the power amp.  The photo looks like it sows a tuner dial (round), so there must be a few more tubes to get from RF to audio.

Chris Campbell

three3smiths

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 07:13:22 AM »
Thanks everyone who replied.  I'm sorry for the delay as I wasn't sure where to read the replies until now, lol.  As far as the value or worth to me I'm not sure I can even say right now.  I'm pretty tied up with a restore of my 1960 RCA Victrola and only ran across this one yesterday.  The guys had it up for sale for 4 months and no one has purchased it so I think I will wait until I'm done with the RCA.  If its still there when I'm done it was meant to be.

Thanks for info
Nancy Sue