Author Topic: 1967 Fisher Statesman S692-IP  (Read 3725 times)

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
1967 Fisher Statesman S692-IP
« on: January 03, 2017, 03:49:59 PM »
I picked this up at a Habitat Restore with a missing record changer, for which I have a spare Dual 1009 :D

The radio needs a full switch-control cleaning and recap by the way it barely works.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 Fisher Statesman S692-IP
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 08:06:55 PM »
And of course, the R2R was gone
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 10:28:49 PM »
Your Habitat Restore pumps out the old consoles.

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 01:54:16 PM »
Your Habitat Restore pumps out the old consoles.

Habitat near home and the Salvation Army location near work. Temptation lies at either end of a 47-mile commute ::)
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 02:48:51 PM »
Ill close this one with a picture. This console cost about $25, was in a part of my garage needed for the Ambassador, and did not fare well when it got a bit of rain on it, as I carted it to a swap meet and ultimately stripped it leaving the cabinet for the bonfire. Its a sad scene over at the fire pit, with some not-at-all bad shape console radio cabinets relieved of their innards. Others have their veneers flapping in the breeze :'(

The Dual 1009 was fully functional and had the adapter to stack 45's, not just the little manual-play puck adapter Duals usually come with. This record player was an asset, but the only one. The darned pushbutton selector on the receiver needed to be pushed in and held there for sound to make it through both channels. I suspect this was used hard as the litho was all worn off around some of the controls and selector buttons.

The 31R receiver had a few open caps and most others were ripe for replacement. I jumped the open ones and got decent volume but only on AM and when using an external Tape or Aux input. FW has an issue that will certainly require troubleshooting time.

The speakers were interesting at least but either a crossover issue or bad driver on the left channel was obvious when the balance control was rotated. They were not labeled "Fisher" as on the Ambassador and Warwick. Possibly need them when I work on the SS Custom Electra E-492.

Let me know if you find a better cabinet, like Scandinavian Walnut, and we can make a deal.

So ends the thread.

Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave