Author Topic: 1960 Stromberg Carlson Catalog  (Read 2142 times)

Pat L

• Founder of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Southeastern Wisconsin
    • View Profile
1960 Stromberg Carlson Catalog
« on: October 22, 2014, 07:41:28 PM »
Hi everyone, yesterday I was very lucky and found a beautiful 1960 Stromberg Carlson Italian Provincial console for sale within an hours drive (I live right in the middle between Chicago and Milwaukee)  :). I have heard good things about SC's but I had never found one for sale locally. In this region I would tell you that they are quite rare (much more so than even Fisher's or Pilot's).

Besides the console there was a treasure trove of information included with it including a beautiful 1960 full line 40 page catalog. I've just spent the last 3 hours scanning, and preparing this to share with you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

The catalog is not the end of this find though, I also have the Original Stromberg Carlson / General Dynamics Service Manuals for the amp, tuner, console, speakers, etc. I will soon scan and post those for everyone to have. There was also a 40 page Factory Service manual for Garrard RC88/4 and RC98/4 Record Changers in like new condition. I will be posting that soon as well, and that particular changer is found in so many high end consoles that I'm sure the manual will be a popular download.

The catalog is in the Download Center under Vintage HiFi Files, enjoy! Pat

MagnificentMagnavox1959

• View Profile
Re: 1960 Stromberg Carlson Catalog
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »
Pat this looks great can you post a close up pic of the radio and controls?
Look at all them goodies in that folder. To me all the extras are the best. I bought my 194 fisher ambassador, it is in mint condition and the guy saved everything, brochures sales receipt manuals. It's great when this stuff is still with these sets

Pat L

• Founder of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Southeastern Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:22:59 PM »
I sure will post pics as soon as I get a chance tomorrow or the next day. I'm not sure of my plan for this console yet, but I'm very excited about it. Reading through the catalog it shows that my console has an uprated amp and speakers from the standard model. My preliminary look at the unit shows it to be in excellent cosmetic shape, it will surely sparkle once it's detailed. In browsing the catalog I must say that I had no idea SC had such a large line of products. Pat

Tom Bavis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »
I have the same catalog on my website, with an insert covering the then new ASR-880 amplifier.  I didn't have some of the others you posted - would you mind if I post them on my Stromberg page?  http://www.audiophool.com/MadeInRoch.html

I've been thinking of making a summary page of Stromberg console models and the chassis numbers used - I also have some console operating manuals I haven't scanned yet - would give a place to put 'em.

Pat L

• Founder of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Southeastern Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 07:28:33 PM »
Tom, go right ahead. I'd like to help others out with these wonderful instruments. Pat