Author Topic: Trying to Identify the Maggie from the Dick Van Dyke show.  (Read 480 times)

veg-o-matic

• View Profile
    • The Fondue
Trying to Identify the Maggie from the Dick Van Dyke show.
« on: March 01, 2017, 11:32:49 AM »
I've been trying to identify the Maggie console that appeared only a couple of times on the Dick Van Dyke show.  I'm not even sure if the same console was used all the time.
I got this screen cap from the episode "Never Name a Duck." Sorry it's so bad, but it's the best I could do.
Then I got to looking through the 1962 catalog, and I think I spotted it.  Please let me know what you think.
I'd love to own one of these beauties but Maggies seem to be scarce around here.

19and41

• View Profile
Re: Trying to Identify the Maggie from the Dick Van Dyke show.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 07:55:13 PM »
Looks like you've ID'd it.  I agree that they are hard to come by.  they usually appear at just the right distance to make it too difficult to just swoop in and get them.  Good luck!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

DonInNJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 04:12:50 PM »
I believe this is what you're looking for if you're still in the market. Craigslist - Hamilton NJ for a very fair price (if it's still available). I have one similar, but in a lighter walnut. This one for sale looks exactly like the one my parents had when I was growing up. Good luck!

https://cnj.craigslist.org/atq/6129994023.html

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 11:19:43 AM »
The one for sale in NJ is a great deal. It looks like it has the same series 79 tuner-preamp, early micromatic record changer and possibly the 93-00 amp as my 1961 "Normandy Symphony"model.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave