Author Topic: Flat knob and brass badge for '55 Mag Symphonette  (Read 323 times)

JimmmyFLR

• View Profile
Flat knob and brass badge for '55 Mag Symphonette
« on: March 14, 2017, 02:12:47 PM »
Because I am silly, I thought I would poke around for a few cosmetic items first!  :P

1) I am looking for one (or perhaps a set, if they match each other) of these flat knobs? (pic)  I realize they came in other colors - would love it to match obviously...

2) Also, I am missing the Coat-of-Arms style badge that goes on the inside of the lid.

Thanks! 

-Jimmy

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: Flat knob and brass badge for '55 Mag Symphonette
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 07:23:47 PM »
How far does the central shaft reach down from the lower surface of the knob, and what is its diameter?  If you don't find the right one,  may have a "next best" functional substitute or two in my knob box. One of them has the large-diameter flat shape but is black and lacks the central bright brass insert.

Chris Campbell

JimmmyFLR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 11:00:01 AM »
How far does the central shaft reach down from the lower surface of the knob, and what is its diameter?  If you don't find the right one,  may have a "next best" functional substitute or two in my knob box. One of them has the large-diameter flat shape but is black and lacks the central bright brass insert.

Chris Campbell
The shaft of the knob is 5/16" from the inner surface, extends 3/16" into the cabinet.  Diameter of the shaft is 7/16", diameter of the top is 1 3/16".
Thanks! JMF

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 07:15:45 PM »
OK, here's some info after my first effort got deleted.  @#&*%$!!!   The knob is black plastic. The OD is 1-7/16".  The central area is slightly peaked.  There's some adhesive residue there so it probably had a central brass bright originally.  The shaft extends downward 3/16".  The diameter is 7/16".  It accepts a shaft with a flatted side.  You could probably use some gold paint in the central part of the knob to make it more like the originals.  What do you think?

Chris Campbell

JimmmyFLR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 09:28:19 AM »
Looks good to me, Chris. Thanks for looking!  How much do you want for it?

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 06:50:22 PM »
I figured I'd just drop it in the mail to you if you send me an address.  If the P.O. charges an arm & a leg, send me the postage.  But it probably will just be too little to worry about.  Send an address.

Chris Campbell

JimmmyFLR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 01:33:56 PM »
Ha!

I knew I joined the right forum!

You are a gentleman and a scholar, Chris!   Just sent you an email with the deets.

Many thanks,

Jimmy