Author Topic: New in Arizona!  (Read 560 times)

Countryford

• View Profile
Re: New in Arizona!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 11:51:17 AM »
I'm impressed!  I wish I could get that organized.  Mine are piled on top of each other.  I spend winters in AZ and would sure like to see your collection in person.

When the pictures were taken they were organized. I had a storage unit that was filled with stuff, but I ended up moving all the stuff out and brought it home(My brother-in-law owns the storage facility. I had the unit rent free for several years. The facility was filling up and needed more units. I was told to either vacate or to start paying monthly, I ended up vacating.). I now have all that stuff at the house. Plus we were supposed to be moving so we boxed up a lot of stuff and its now in the rv garage. I'm not sure if we are going to move or not. The joys of being married.
Anyone is more than welcome to come over and visit the place and see my collection. Donations are always accepted!!!

19and41

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 07:55:07 PM »
Welcome!  I've seen those pictures before.  That's quite a collection!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 10:27:20 PM »
On the appliance topic...  I had a 1946 GE fridge, one of those models that they made for years with the compressor and condenser underneath, and a little fan over the coils.  The service guy said the compressor was not functioning.  So I parked it in a neighbor's garage and arranged a donation. The National Park Service has revised their standard policy on human structures in Parks (let them rot) for our National Lakeshore.  Locals objected to seeing historic farmsteads deteriorating.  The NPS agreed to let local nonprofits restore and use the buildings.  My plan was to have a local service shop replace the compressor and such with a modern refrigerant version, then donate it.  After a month the shop called.  They had bad news.  Uh-oh, has the price tripled?  No, the problem was that they plugged it in and it ran just fine.  "We can't justify charging you to replace a unit that works fine."  Their service guy, who had done one conversion fr himself, was disappointed because he had wanted to do another.

And then it dawned on me that I should donate my 1946 Wards electric range too.  They were tickled.  But here's the cool part--1946 turns out to be the year the electricity reached that farmhouse!  So these appliances aren't just charming because they're old, they're actually period-correct. 

Chris Campbell

MEZLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 09:28:05 PM »
Welcome aboard.  I only have six consoles and my wife believes that's enough.    ;)

I have one Maggie console and I'm done with getting any more.  Where do you guys store all this stuff?????

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 09:48:16 PM »
mine are all in the garage except the one currently in the living room.

-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 07:02:43 AM »
I'm in Arizona in the winter as well and if possible would love to see your collection as well.  Electra 225 gets to AZ before I do but maybe we could figure out a time that's good for you after I get there and see your stuff?  It's all very impressive!  ;D

Thanks for sharing!

Bill

Countryford

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 09:25:55 AM »
Welcome aboard.  I only have six consoles and my wife believes that's enough.    ;)

I have one Maggie console and I'm done with getting any more.  Where do you guys store all this stuff?????

I have an RV garage. It is 20 feet wide by 50 feet long and 20 feet tall. I built a loft along one side and use that to display the majority of my collection. I've got enough to build another loft along side the other wall.

Countryford

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 09:28:07 AM »
I'm in Arizona in the winter as well and if possible would love to see your collection as well.  Electra 225 gets to AZ before I do but maybe we could figure out a time that's good for you after I get there and see your stuff?  It's all very impressive!  ;D

Thanks for sharing!

Bill

As I've said, anyone is welcome to come over. I'll even fire up the bbq grill and open up the beer. Also have a pool! Could always have a gathering when the two of you are in town. Always nice to meet new collectors.

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 06:00:31 PM »
Looking forward to next winter in sunny Phoenix and checking out your collection. 

Bill

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2017, 01:14:06 PM »
Welcome to VHF , countryford.  Its great to see some TV's in amongst HiFi consoles in pictures from a fellow Videokarma member.   :D

I have about 30 stereo consoles, 70 radios and 80 old TVs, so I do understand the storage issue. A 4-floor addition has been added on our place with a basement TV room and 3rd floor for console HiFis. About half are in a heated garage I rent along with a 1969 Pontiac GP, so I have great music when doing car maintenance.

A 1960 Magnavox Symphony is the only one of my HiFis in the living room and it will move upstairs to a bedroom with all mahogany furniture, to make room for a 1947 Berkeley Im restoring. I keep the prized 1964 Motorola Stereophonic in my radio shop, though it is a Scandinavian walnut piece, as I cannot help but play it much louder than the wife and kids can stand. that is what started me on this hobby.

Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2017, 06:29:17 PM »
Welcome to VHF , countryford.  Its great to see some TV's in amongst HiFi consoles in pictures from a fellow Videokarma member.   :D

I have about 30 stereo consoles, 70 radios and 80 old TVs, so I do understand the storage issue. A 4-floor addition has been added on our place with a basement TV room and 3rd floor for console HiFis. About half are in a heated garage I rent along with a 1969 Pontiac GP, so I have great music when doing car maintenance.

A 1960 Magnavox Symphony is the only one of my HiFis in the living room and it will move upstairs to a bedroom with all mahogany furniture, to make room for a 1947 Berkeley Im restoring. I keep the prized 1964 Motorola Stereophonic in my radio shop, though it is a Scandinavian walnut piece, as I cannot help but play it much louder than the wife and kids can stand. that is what started me on this hobby.

80 TV sets!!!  Wow, you need to add my RCA New Vista rectangular-CRT color TV, CL 670 F (chassis 14 crc38XT).  It's in good condition save for some moisture damage on the legs, and better still, it's free to a good home! Free!!  (In Michigan).

Chris Campbell

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 01:16:37 PM »

80 TV sets!!!  Wow, you need to add my RCA New Vista rectangular-CRT color TV, CL 670 F (chassis 14 crc38XT).  It's in good condition save for some moisture damage on the legs, and better still, it's free to a good home! Free!!  (In Michigan).

Chris Campbell

I sure enough like them but have to say a more local Videokarma member would gladly take the TV.
There are some members in the Detroit area.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave