Author Topic: CL Huntsville AL  (Read 226 times)

19and41

• View Profile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

electra225

• View Profile
Re: CL Huntsville AL
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 10:11:33 PM »
The price is right on that one.  How far is it from you?
If it ain't broke, call me.  I can break it....

19and41

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 10:27:38 PM »
200 miles.   ;D
Arthur C. Clarke

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 09:13:08 AM »
I drove 1132 miles round trip to get my Concert Grand.   ;)

I don't understand why what a person wants can't be closer.  There is a high-priced, yet un-bought Stereo Theater in Georgia that is too far away for me, so I feel your pain.  Of course, if it was close, I would be short of funds, so there you go........
If it ain't broke, call me.  I can break it....

19and41

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 11:45:20 AM »
I think if it were closer to here some amplifier vampire would have gutted it for it's amp and speakers the first day it was up.
Arthur C. Clarke

AlexanderMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 11:55:58 AM »
I feel bad for any 'amp tech' that has to convert one of those. They are seriously a pain in the butt to convert to a normal stereo amp. I believe BlueGlowElectronics did it once, but it wasn't fun. Quite a process, so those amps seem to ward off the amp vampires in contrast to their stereo 6V6/6BQ5 designs.

I'd pick it up if it was near me, my stereo provincial serenade wouldn't mind living near it's older cousin.

AstroSonic100

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 06:32:53 PM »
$65 is a great price.  I paid $50 for my Wedgewood in 2010.  My set is a model 277.  Interesting differences.  The listed set has stepped bass and treble and a timbre control.  Speaker selection switch. Auto shutoff override switch.  Also the horn seems to be larger than the smaller Jensen horn in my set. Mine has an record equalization switch and variable bass/treble.  I noticed this set has the sliding lid over the record changer compartment.  Mine has the lift lide and the door hardware is different.

Does anyone know when the listed set was made?  I thought mine was a late '56 or '57 because it doesn't have the sliding top, but it does have the stereo conversion kit installed.  My next step is to read the date codes on the speaker and see what I can come up with for mine.

Ray