Author Topic: Question regarding magnavox stereo conversion amp 177  (Read 1495 times)

MagnificentMagnavox1959

• View Profile
Question regarding magnavox stereo conversion amp 177
« on: October 26, 2014, 03:29:24 PM »
I know this is a repeat question but I'm confused. I need someone to take some pics of the wires so I can see where they go and what inputs they go in. I can't read the hand written diagram or understand the manual that's posted, all I know is the black and green outputs from the changed go to the black and green inputs from the amp. Other than that I can't tell.

Also is there a way to just not use it? I am never going to use this set as a stereo anyways, for now. I just want to use the controls in the radio to control the radio and changer. I have a 1958 magnavox berkshire

Pat L

• Founder of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Southeastern Wisconsin
    • View Profile
Re: Question regarding magnavox stereo conversion amp 177
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 03:36:43 PM »
Here are some pics I had of one still installed. Pat
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:48:19 PM by Pat L »

MagnificentMagnavox1959

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 04:22:21 PM »
Can you take a few more close up? Like for example of what goes from the amp to the power amp! I can't tell much from these pat :) if you could do a few more I might be able to figure it out
I think the way I have it now I'm loosing bass. Post some more if you can, I can't thank you enough pat :)

Pat L

• Founder of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Southeastern Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 04:25:28 PM »
Unfortunately I can't take more as this console belonged to a guy out in Pennsylvania. I will though try and help though. I have the entire amp and kit pictured here. I'll figure it out and get back to you. Pat

MagnificentMagnavox1959

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 05:58:33 PM »
Ok great thanks pat. When I got this set to recap, they had them unplugged all the jacks, very frustrating lol.
I just recapped this set this weekend and want to make sure it's hooked up right. So the input to the changer? What wire is that?
The input on the power amp, what goes into that? And so on. That just leaves the two coming from the changer green and blsck, those are easy because there are two female leads from the amp gren and black