Author Topic: Nice RCA Louisville, Ky. $75  (Read 119 times)

danrclem

• View Profile
Nice RCA Louisville, Ky. $75
« on: May 29, 2017, 09:56:14 PM »
record player and radio - $75 (prp)
this is antique good shape good sound radio and very nice piece of furniture please call 502-448-1072
https://louisville.craigslist.org/ele/6152901251.html

I seriously thought about this one but I just don't have any extra room.  Would this one more than likely have a PP 6bq5 amp?

electra225

• View Profile
Re: Nice RCA Louisville, Ky. $75
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 08:30:51 AM »
That instrument has a nice cabinet style for an RCA.  I'm gonna guess that it is solid state.  I don't see any New Vista stickers anywhere, though.  (It may be on the corner of the changer that is too blurry to read).  The tuner is too compact for what is typically found in a tube unit.  (I have been wrong before).  One could not go wrong at that money regardless of what it is.
If it ain't broke, call me.  I can break it....

danrclem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:54:29 AM »
The main reason that I think it's tubes is that if you enlarge the big (blurry) picture in the ad with the tuner it appears to have the civil defense markings and it has a fat tone arm which also usually indicates tubes.  One other reason is that the front tuner/record changers seem to almost be tubes.  The tuner section does have a SS looking knobs though. Like you I've been wrong before but a live inspection would be the only way to tell for sure unless somebody here has seen one like this before.  Larry?

I called the owner and when I mention tubes it was like, huh?  He sounded like an older gentleman and said that all of it did work.  I wish I could talk my brother into buying it, that is if it has tubes.

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 06:48:29 PM »
This is one for our resident RCA expert to give us his two cents.   ;)
If it ain't broke, call me.  I can break it....