Author Topic: Hi from the new guy from sunny SC  (Read 270 times)

Boyce

• View Profile
Hi from the new guy from sunny SC
« on: June 01, 2017, 08:15:53 PM »
Hi, folks, I'm Boyce and I'm new to collecting and restoring Magnavox consoles as well as your group. I really want to thank you for the wealth of information you've already provided me. Thanks to you I've been able find out all the information (especially the model names!) for two out of three of the consoles, as well as recondition and fine tune two of the turntables.It still amazes me that there are people out there share their knowledge for the pure joy of doing so - and you folks are a gold mine! Many Thanks!
PS - I hope ya'll don't mind a lot of dumb questions, 'cause as Jimmy Durante would say' "I got a million of 'em."

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from the new guy from sunny SC
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 08:51:58 PM »
Welcome Aboard!

Please post some photo's of your consoles.

-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 09:07:04 PM »
I'll second the request for photos.  It's always fun to get a visual acquaintance with others' devices.  The participants have a wide variety of interests, skills, experiences, and geographical connections, but we focus on common interests in music and the devices that play it.  A long time ago, Alexis de Tocqueville came to our country from France and then wrote a book about his observations.  One that I remember was his astonishment at how Americans formed groups organized around common interests.  It's so true.  And now you've found this one, and you can share your experiences and knowledge and get some answers too.

Chris Campbell

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 10:26:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Pictures are always appreciated. You have come to the right place.
If it ain't broke, call me.  I can break it....

Boyce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 10:07:36 AM »
Hello again, hope these pics come through OK. I came upon these 3 consoles in a span of about 2 months. Two are tube amps and one is solid state. All sound incredible.

Boyce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »
Sorry, still getting the hang of this. . .

Boyce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 10:12:49 AM »
And - once again - gotta figure out how to include multiple files - dumb question #1

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 04:54:31 PM »
Thanks for the pictures and welcome!

Bill

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 12:58:08 PM »
Welcome aboard - those pictures are great. That 1962 Far Eastern is a seldom seen model. Get some photos of the radio and record players too.

You can upload up to 6 in one post . Click on "(more attachments)" and another browse window pops up.
Sometimes a large batch causes a crash then you need to redo the entire post if the individual files are over 1MB so, upload no more than 3 in one post
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave