Author Topic: CL: 1958 Fisher C-800 $350 -- San Diego, CA  (Read 193 times)

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
CL: 1958 Fisher C-800 $350 -- San Diego, CA
« on: June 08, 2017, 09:43:26 PM »

Looks to be in pretty good shape aside from the torn grill cloth.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/atq/6165564112.html

-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
Re: CL: 1958 Fisher C-800 $350 -- San Diego, CA
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 01:46:51 PM »
That's a nice console and priced up enough to keep most people away (at least here in Florida). How is the market for console's in California? I would think any console would bring double or triple in California as compared Pensacola Florida?

AirChief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »
I can't speak for the market in other locations but I think Southern California is a gold-mine for consoles.  I have only been in this game for a couple of years so I cannot speak from extensive experience, but I believe the large concentration of people is the reason.  A daily Craigslist search almost always has a new console or two posted.  You very often see people with 70's Magnavoxes or Zenith Allegros for $500+, but I am sure nobody is buying them at all.  Seems like most want like $200 or $300 for decent stuff.  It does seem that very, very few people selling actually have a clue what they have, and are just throwing a number out there because it is close to all the other ones. 

I do think there are also more people on the lookout here, and all through the same websites.  I have missed a few high-end consoles because I wasn't quick enough after it was posted.  I have had very good luck, however, and I don't have to spend too much time looking.  To give you an idea of prices I have bought a '58 RCA SHF-2 -$120, '68 Magnavox Imperial-$75, a '48 RCA Berkshire-$60, and a '40 Zenith 10464- $30.  All of these sets were complete.  Today I was fortunate enough to buy a '59 Magnavox Imperial in beautiful shape for $100.  Only thing is it is missing the wiring and the tubes for the amps  That Imperial was sitting plain as day for two weeks and no takers, so I am surprised no one else knew what it was or wanted it. 

There are so many consoles out here I feel guilty for not saving them.  A few weeks ago I ignored a $20 '50s Capehart because I did not have the space.  How are the prices in Pensacola?

amglow

• Durham, NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 08:15:05 AM »
Welcome aboard, AirChief!

a '48 RCA Berkshire-$60

Are you serious? A complete RCA Berkshire?  :o Please, please tell us the story on this one....and of course a whole bunch of pictures.  Unbelievable.  In February of this year, I found an RCA Berkshire cabinet, complete with TV tambour doors and speaker grille above, that was full of Fisher, Rek-O-Kut, and JBL electronics.  However, they were asking $1500.  I guess that was a good price for all of the high end components, however too rich for me.
Paul

AirChief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »
Hello amglow,

When I was thinking about complete I was thinking about electronics.  My Berkshire is a complete bottom end with all the audio components, but is missing the glass hutch top.  Here is a thread on ARF that I started a couple months ago on it before I cleaned it up. 
http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=318991&hilit=berkshire

The Berkshire feels like an extremely well-built piece of furniture, and cleaned up beautifully.  The one you posted modification's were well done and looked good.  I will not part this one out because of the history of it, but it is currently way above my skill level to repair so it will sit for awhile. 

AirChief

• View Profile
***Update*** Price Change! -- Vista Ca
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 04:13:09 PM »

Seller dropped the price to $50 for this Fisher, unless it is a misprint. 

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/atq/6178507281.html

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 08:41:59 PM »
Damn, $50 is a steal for this!!

Wish I had room for it right now... I'm driving right past there to go to a wedding on Saturday too...
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 02:08:15 PM »
Damn, $50 is a steal for this!!

Wish I had room for it right now... I'm driving right past there to go to a wedding on Saturday too...

You can always squeeze one into your vehicle and just drive around with it for a few weeks until you figure out what to do at home.

With what California means to old cars I'm surprised there is not much knowledge about Fisher's among others. This would have been gone in a flash almost anywhere on the East coast.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 09:08:28 PM »
Good idea except for the fact that right now the back of MY vehicle is full of a nice white iron trundle bed that I picked up off of the curb 3 weeks ago and it's still rattling around in there waiting for me to find a couple of hours to shuffle more stuff in the garage in order to make space for it until the girls are both big enough to actually use it.

AND

I'm going to the wedding with the wife and youngin's, and I think she might notice if I stopped off to load a console in the back of her mini van.

AND

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the 2 other consoles I have stashed at work before the new manager shows up and asks "what the hell are these doing here?"

-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!