Author Topic: HU: For Sale - 1961 Magnavox Concert Grand - Danish Modern  (Read 1042 times)

dstroup

• View Profile
HU: For Sale - 1961 Magnavox Concert Grand - Danish Modern
« on: June 30, 2017, 04:44:03 PM »
*** I have no relationship to the seller other than my brief correspondence outlined below ***

Hi everyone,

A quick heads up if your living in the Pacific Northwest (USA) and interested in a buying a 1961 Magnavox Concert Grand in Danish Modern. This item is for sale on craigslist in the Seattle, WA area. This was originally listed for $100 and I tried to purchase it immediately. That said, after a little back and forth with the seller she said:

Iíve had several people email me that my price is way too low for this particular stereo console; so I have pulled my original ad. If youíre still interested, you can make me an offer.

:(

I told her Iím on a tight budget and most likely wouldnít be able to compete with other offers. In addition, I let her know that I thought what she had was a Magnavox Concert Grand circa 1960-1962 (it was just listed as a Magnavox Stereo Console). I also suggested she attempt to locate any additional items that came with it such as the remote control unit (which she did find). I wished her luck with the sale and expressed my hope that whoever ended up buying it didnít part it out / sell on the the big auction site.

That was over a week ago. Today, I noticed her updated craigslist post was still up (now for $1000 or best offer). I emailed the seller to inquire if the item had not sold. The seller informed me it was still available and that sheís still hoping to sell to a local cash buyer. I let her know I would put the word out in a couple places that might have such a buyer (with deeper pockets than mine!).

Hereís the link to the ad if youíre interested:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/fuo/6191602616.html

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
Re: HU: For Sale - 1961 Magnavox Concert Grand - Danish Modern
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 04:59:56 PM »
Its Clearly a 59.

Wish I had seen it when first posted... I would have had my 2 boys (who live in North Bend) at her door with $100 cash in less than an hour to take it away!
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!