Author Topic: New Guy from DFW  (Read 529 times)

Topheryoung

• View Profile
New Guy from DFW
« on: July 06, 2017, 08:47:24 PM »
Hello everyone! I recently inherited my Grandparents' Magnavox Berkley, 1- SP209 F phonograph console and matching speaker. I have many great memories of playing dominoes and other games with my grandparents, while listening to this beauty. At some point the record player stopped working and it has been stored in the house but it has not been plugged in for several years. I am very interested in restoring both components to their former glory and continue to enjoy them with my family. Unfortunately, I have zero experience in the proper way to restore, or knowledge of where to start. I have been reading many of the posts on your forum and have learned a great deal, and I have enjoyed reading other people's restoration experiences. I am hopeful that y'all will be able to help me restore these units, or point me in the direction of someone that could help me. I have included some pics the two units. Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing for y'all!

Bill

• View Profile
Re: New Guy from DFW
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 03:37:39 PM »
Welcome.  I'm glad you have fond memories of the Magnavox and your Grandparents.  Also that you want to continue that tradition with your family.  I think traditions are very important.  I have lots of things that I have passed on as well.

When you are ready to start with a rebuild just start asking questions on the forum.  There are plenty of people here that are willing to advice and walk you through step by step.  You have already started just by reading. 

Have fun,
Bill

Deutschgerg

• Lexington, Kentucky
    • View Profile
Re: New Guy from DFW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 08:43:15 PM »
Welcome! I have the exact Magnavox Berkley with matching speaker and they sound fantastic.

Regards,

Greg