Author Topic: w700/800 series LR 13392 (w750/02/bb) parts needed  (Read 211 times)

bobwes10

• View Profile
w700/800 series LR 13392 (w750/02/bb) parts needed
« on: July 31, 2017, 06:26:53 PM »
Greetings - Hats off to everyone on this forum - Every time I enter a new "world", I am amazed by the dedicated members that make it what it is. OK, enough of the platitudes - Several hours of research over several days has led me here. My(inherited it plus 50+ 33's from my in-laws) Magnavox consoles' record changer doesn't work . Took changer out of console and inspected - found what I would call a cam follower type thing that had the tip - needle would be an analogy for what I would call the thing, but thats not what it really is - though it follows grooves and makes things happen - I'm going to call it a needle - it's broke. I removed the e clip and spring to examine further  - definitely broken nub/tip/needle. Then, cause it looked like cheap potted metal with a ton of cracks, I applied some force to the thing to get a sense ....the thing broke in half. I found an 800 series manual, here I think, that calls this the feed lever mechanism. Looks a little different, but the parts diagram shows that it is performing the same function.

Can I buy one of these somewhere? Or am I better off using the switched ac outlet on the back of the console and dropping in another changer? Would love to stay original - my 17 y/o thinks this is cool. He is fascinated by the concept of vinyl. Any help is appreciated.. I have seen some of these exact models for sale on ebay, not interested.

Thanks in advance!!

electra225

• View Profile
Re: w700/800 series LR 13392 (w750/02/bb) parts needed
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 07:19:35 PM »
About the only help I can be to you is by linking this article from another site.  Read the comments by Randy Bassham.  He was a Magnavox tech for a time and was a great help to me when I was trying to figure out all things Magnavox.

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=269161

This may not be the specific model changer you have, but it is of the same general series of changer.  I hope it helps.  Good luck.
If it ain't broke, call me.  I can break it....

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: w700/800 series LR 13392 (w750/02/bb) parts needed
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 09:35:10 PM »
And just remember that even if the changer mechanism is messed up, you can still use the device as a single-play turntable.  I had a couple Dual record changers--they referred "automatic turntable," as I recall--that I never used as changers. I used them as single-play turntables.  Play one side of the LP, stop and turn it over, play the second side.

Chris Campbell