Author Topic: Motorola SK16W for sale  (Read 103 times)

roxytom

• View Profile
Motorola SK16W for sale
« on: September 13, 2017, 11:44:18 AM »
My parents bought this brand new in 1960. It is still in excellent condition. The main cabinet and Satellite speaker are beautiful mid-century modern. The turntable still works as does the radio. The glass for the radio station numerals does have a crack in it, but still looks good. I searched a few years back for a new one, or NOS, but searches came up empty. The speakers were replaced in the early 90's. It measures 48"long x 20"deep x 31"high. The Satellite speaker measures 24.5"tall x 12"deep x 21"wide. The contacts behind the controls will need some cleaning with aerosol dust off. Otherwise the sound is deep and beautiful. I have it listed on Philadelphia Craigslist also. Posting it here may get more notice from an aficionado. $500 OBO. The price is definitely negotiable.  My Apologies for the rotated photos, not sure why that happened.

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
Re: Motorola SK16W for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 11:06:07 AM »
That is a beautiful example of Motorola's Stereophonic. I will look for your craigslist ad. I find there is some interest but very little awareness in this general locale. Once someone hears it, you will probably sell. 

You may need to explain what this is exactly, describing the maintenance that has occurred and what the result is: A penetrating bass and wide open sound. If it has the Hammond organ built Vibrasonic, make sure you describe what it is and how it makes older records sound.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave