Author Topic: a couple more rescued from certain death...  (Read 405 times)

xonkism

• View Profile
a couple more rescued from certain death...
« on: October 29, 2017, 10:08:47 PM »
just completed this 1963 motorola, and the only thing I'm at present waiting on is a new idler wheel as the original was old, dried up, and crusty. wow, this thing was a real mess when I got it, but it was for certain a diamond in the rough. we have been listening to it all night, and it gives the fisher a run for its money. It is sitting in the kitchen right now. I sure am glad I have a tolerant wife. she's awesome! this 2nd 1950 9fm21 waldorf is in progress. all the internals are sparkling, but this one had copious amounts of filth, cobwebs, and CAT FOOD in it. I'm rebuilding the amp right now, and have the record changer finished, and my wife supplied some grill cloth of a more experimental style. I like it! I think we are gonna keep it this way. I even have all the record holder books that came with this one. these motorolas are tremendously built, very impressive.

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: a couple more rescued from certain death...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 10:20:08 PM »
I was looking at the Nostalgia Air schematic for the older one.  It has  a P-P 6V6 amp output amp but the circuit had me a bit confused (looking at it sideways).  Maybe it's just the way the output transformer is drawn.  Anything special going on there?

Chris Campbell