Author Topic: CL: Did anybody here score this cool Custom Fisher Console in SLO???  (Read 131 times)

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
I saw it a couple of days after it was listed but took a couple days to reply to the seller and ask for more information about it, by then, abut 10 days after posting, it was sold.

https://slo.craigslist.org/atq/6366137003.html

Vintage Fisher Stereo - $400 (Nipomo)

Vintage Fisher stereo with AM/FM radio and Dual turntable. Two Fisher speakers. All from the 1960's, custom made cabinet was made while stationed in Okinawa. Works but a little fuzzy, may need rewiring. Top of stereo cabinet needs to be refinished, has some stains on it. All original manuals intact.

I asked a bunch of questions about it, and the original owner, and the reply I got back was that the original owner was the sellers father, who was an Air Force Chaplain and had the console built while stationed in Okinawa. He later went MIA during the Vietnam war.
Unfortunately she didn't include any more details about what components were actually in the console that was obviously built to resemble the XP-10 speakers.
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

danrclem

• View Profile
Re: CL: Did anybody here score this cool Custom Fisher Console in SLO???
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 08:32:37 PM »
I really like the looks of that one.  If it's a tube unit somebody got a good deal.

It would be very hard to lose someone that close to you and never know what happened to them.

vintage cltr

• Global Moderator
  • they're real and they're spectacular
    • View Profile
Re: CL: Did anybody here score this cool Custom Fisher Console in SLO???
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 10:19:09 AM »
that is awesome looking....
Loud and Vintage.... any questions?