Author Topic: FM-33 radio schematic?  (Read 524 times)

TC Chris

• View Profile
FM-33 radio schematic?
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:58:36 PM »
Has anybody got a schematic for the FM-33 table radio?  I'm going to order filter caps for a bunch of radios and need the values for the electrolytics in this one.  I'd rather not have to take it apart to read what's in there if somebody has the info at hand.

Chris Campbell

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
Re: FM-33 radio schematic?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 09:22:54 PM »
Not me.  :(
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

Tedrick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 10:49:27 PM »
if you can get me a chassis # I might be able to find it at the Minneapolis public library -
Ted

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 12:17:53 AM »
I can't find a recognizable chassis no. on it.  It's a Model FM-33.  I found a copy of an ad here:
https://www.bonanza.com/listings/1965-Magnavox-Ad-The-Pioneer-FM-33-Radio/432045483

Mine did not have the stereo remote speaker with it (those always disappear, don't they?).

Poking around for a chassis no., I took the back off and used a dental mirror and some @#*&%!! to get the values off the two filter caps.  That was my immediate need, and now I've got the values.  But if you cold find a schematic, I'd be grateful.  It's fun to examine circuits.

Many years ago when I was a poor student in Ann Arbor, I used to save pocket change so I could copy Sams schematics at the engineering library.  The copier was expensive-- a nickel a page--and used coated paper.  But the collection was a great resource.  When I got a job it was in the other big Michigan university city, Lansing (well, MSU is in East Lansing).  Their engineering library did not have Sams photofacts--I checked!

Here are some numbers from the FM-33--inside, on the bottom, stamped on the Masonite back;

407664 (paint, on chassis)
730432 (stamped in metal chassis)
693180/103 (paint, on bottom)
MWP/6/66 (same)
FM-33 (same)
6407643 (stamped on Masonite back)

Thanks,
Chris Campbell

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 11:55:43 PM »
I haven't found any of the numbers you listed in Sams.  I'm probably overlooking something. 
If it ain't broke, call me.  I can break it....

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 11:30:21 PM »
I opened it up and got the capacitor values off the filter caps, so when they arrive after backorder on Mouser I'll be able to replace those.  That should solve the immediate issue, although it's always nice to have a schematic around just to see how its designed.

Chris Campbell