Author Topic: Hello from Chicago. Just picked up my first console and it's a whopper!  (Read 799 times)

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Chicago. Just picked up my first console and it's a whopper!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 06:57:18 PM »
I'll see if I can dig up some photos and post them in chat.  The Starfire has been stored for many years until  had to move it this summer.  Found a new spot, and one of its neighbors there is a Bugatti (!!).

Chris

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2017, 06:58:19 PM »
I'll see if I can dig up some photos and post them in chat.  The Starfire has been stored for many years until  had to move it this summer.  Found a new spot, and one of its neighbors there is a Bugatti (!!).

Chris

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2017, 06:58:57 PM »

Chris

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 07:39:40 PM »
My personal preference of all the Starfires was the 1962 models.  There was not a bad line on that car anywhere. 
If it ain't broke, call me.  I can break it....

Alfista

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 08:09:53 PM »
My brother had a '64 convertible when I was a young teenager in the late 70's.

Sold his '71 Mach 1 and bought the Starfire. They are marvelous, indeed. Today's designers should be locked in a vault to study nothing but 50's-60's design of all sorts for a minimum of ten years.

Barely old enough to drive, I surprised a couple of hot-shot college dudes in a new RX-7 by letting them keep up with me for a half a block or so before leaving them in the dust. It wouldn't have been so great if they hadn't been pointing and chuckling at the red light. The passenger, who had been hanging out of the sunroof when we first took off, slowly slid back down inside and they quickly turned off to avoid me a the next light :)

Alas, it caught on fire just west of the Hathaway Bridge in Panama City, FL while my other brother was driving it. It started small, but didn't take too long to get out of hand with no fire extinguisher. He still has a '64 Dynamic 88 convertible, which is cool. But it doesn't compare to the Starfire.

Anyone who loves their car should keep a small extinguisher under your front seat.

-Tim

Alfista

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 11:05:24 PM »

Chris

Whoa, keeping company with royalty! Pics would be great, thanks for the memories.

And Greg- I like them all, but that 425 sure makes a good case for the '65!

-Tim

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 01:31:52 PM »
There's a dealership in Whitehall Michigan that has a 64 convert.  White with red guts.  Power everything including A/C.  They ordered and never sold it so they kept it.  It's used for car shows and parades.  It's beautiful.

Bill