Author Topic: my new 1961 the fisher philharmonic p22  (Read 518 times)

xonkism

• View Profile
my new 1961 the fisher philharmonic p22
« on: December 21, 2017, 05:06:21 PM »
boy, I sure love this one. hardly have been able to shut it off since I got it home. 100% complete, 100% functioning. just deoxited the pots, deoxited and reseated the tubes, and thoroughly cleaned it. what was revealed was a machine in nearly showroom condition. even the record changer is running perfectly! didn't even have to pull it and relube it. will be doing that anyway in the coming weeks but its good now. I don't think anybody ever used this machine! sounds unbelievable! 

walyfd

• View Profile
Re: my new 1961 the fisher philharmonic p22
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 06:56:53 PM »
Congratulations.  1961 was one of the greatest years for tube fisher gear.  I LOVE my Executive.  At $445, the Philharmonic was far from the President that went for $2700 but still had a 20 watt amp.

If you don't have the MPX,  try to add it.  These FM receivers are beautiful.  And at least recap the speakers...  the whole amp should be redone with new electrolytic caps, especially the ones marked "frako".

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 07:16:40 PM »
Gorgeous!

Congratulations!
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

xonkism

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 08:13:52 PM »
Congratulations.  1961 was one of the greatest years for tube fisher gear.  I LOVE my Executive.  At $445, the Philharmonic was far from the President that went for $2700 but still had a 20 watt amp.

If you don't have the MPX,  try to add it.  These FM receivers are beautiful.  And at least recap the speakers...  the whole amp should be redone with new electrolytic caps, especially the ones marked "frako".
I agree! the lines on ALL the 61s are beautiful! maybe a president, someday. have to find one, first...

I have another p22 amp that I am working on, and will install as soon as its finished. I will get around to a full service, buts it sure is nice to get one in this condition that is fully operational. my second fisher console. I also have a 64 diplomat II in the distressed walnut that Ive fully restored.