Author Topic: a local RCA find!  (Read 94 times)

firedome

• View Profile
a local RCA find!
« on: December 29, 2017, 04:43:30 PM »
Found this cute little 2 pc. RCA SHS-9 in pretty nice shape at a local furniture store that went out of business and whose left over inventory had been auctioned off. After the auction some items that had not sold were still available.  This RCA actually was owned by, and formerly in the house of, the store's owners, that they had bought around 1958. We went to look at new furniture and came home with an old console - perfect for my office! It has a simple little SE 6V6 tube amp that no doubt needs the usual caps &c. It even still had the original owners manual/folder inside it! (not much to it!).

They also had a big '60s custom cabinet with a turntable in it that was also very nice, more on this one tomorrow!

Happy Consoling!
from Roger in NY

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
Re: a local RCA find!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 07:28:26 AM »
Very nice find. Great looking set. Don't sell it those are hard to find at least in my area .

firedome

• View Profile
Re: a local RCA find!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 10:56:55 AM »
Thanks! It's a keeper more or less! ... update I was incorrect in the model number,
it's actually Model SHP-9 and the matching speaker is SHS-9. This model was amp only, no tuner section. The wood finish is in really nice condition, as are the 'innards".

The only thing I'd like better would be if it were in a Blonde finish, as opposed to the dark mahogany. I WOULD consider a trade for a nice tube console in Blonde finish, it would go
much better with our furniture.

Happy Consoling from Roger in NY!