Author Topic: Trade Mahogany 1958 RCA tube Twin Console SHP-9 for Blonde cabinet tube console  (Read 616 times)

firedome

• View Profile
Rescued a nice all original RCA, but won't fit in my 9 x 10 office (with bed, desk & dresser!) we tried! The wife doesn't like mahogany and wants a light colored wood console for the Living Room! Modern or Early American Colonial style. Will trade or sell very reasonably to a good home!

In very nice shape, totally un-restored, have pics, located Binghamton NY, 2.5 hr from NYC.
Please  call 8 AM - 8 PM for details, 607 754 zero zero three one... can send pics!

Bill

• View Profile
I like it!

Bill

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
Wish I was closer  :(

firedome

• View Profile
Have an ad in the local PennySaver, no calls as of yet.

TC Chris

• View Profile
Too bad the wife doesn't appreciate mahogany.  It's a beautiful wood, properly finished.  I'm biased because I have a 1961 sailboat with lots of mahogany trim that I've varnished every year.  The challenge is keeping the finish intact and the wood protected.  Imagine setting your console out in the front yard and leaving it out there all summer.  My '56 Magnavox Magnasonic is a wonderful reddish mahogany (and no, I don't leave it out in the front yard).

Chris Campbell

firedome

• View Profile
Oh! mahogany on a boat! - that I try to forget! We had a 1966 30" Chris Craft Cavalier 20 yrs ago, and that boat wasn't a hobby, it was a career! Gorgeous when right, with classic lovely lines, and with 2 x 318s it would go! but way too much work for someone who can't hire it out!! You could get big wood boats cheap then, and I sure found out why!! I'm an aluminum fan now!

She likes mahogany wood ok but just not with her '60s Scandinavian teak furniture! in the LR and honey colored maple in the other room... it be ok in the office but no way it will fit!
I wanted to take the single bed out but she say we need it for guests, and as usual she's right... oh well

firedome

• View Profile
Sold locally to a Millennial record producer!!

Still looking for a blonde or light maple console, preferably Early American Colonial style.

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
I like that RCA and glad it found a home! I have two RCA's and they are not easily found in S-central PA.  I do have three consoles that you might consider, since Early American was popular among local console buyers of means here. a 1963 Zenith MK2602-tubes micro 2g v-m changer, 1967 Fisher Statesman E492-SS with Dual 1009 and a 1969 Magnavox 1P3622 with micromatic. But only the Zenith is compact, 44" wide

Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

firedome

• View Profile
I like the little Zenith! it's the right size too! I'm an hour N of Scranton, 5 miles N of the PA border barely into NY, where we you in PA?

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
I'm in Lancaster 20 mi N of the Maryland border. But I go as far north as Dushore once in a while, where the family hunting cabin is.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave