Author Topic: Magnvox Record changer knobs needed  (Read 263 times)

cheddarbob388

• View Profile
Magnvox Record changer knobs needed
« on: January 09, 2018, 12:48:29 AM »
The knobs in the record changer in the imperial are broken, It has the micromatic changer, and i haven't been able to find em, Need both the speed selector and start/stop/reject knob, or the retainers that go around the plastic to keep it on the shaft. those metal retainer springs are broken on both knobs.

electra225

• View Profile
Re: Magnvox Record changer knobs needed
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:16:42 AM »
The knobs are the same or similar for several years.  My Imperial had a mid-1930's Philco band switch knob on it when I got it.  The retainers are D-shaft as far as I know.  I have what you need at home, but not here.  Sorry I can't help immediately.  If you don't find something before I get back there in the Spring, get back with me.  I'm sure to forget by then....... :-[

You can double up a paper match stick to hold the knobs on temporarily.  Or any thin cardboard will probably work.
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

cheddarbob388

• View Profile
Re: Magnvox Record changer knobs needed
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:40:11 PM »
this one, its a molded circle, with one side cut off, and a metal plate, bent around the outside of the circle and flat across the cut out area, and its broken on both, I will stay on it, I may find a solution before you get back.. but i will remember your offer if i strike out  ;)