Author Topic: Heath console  (Read 103 times)

TC Chris

• View Profile
Heath console
« on: January 15, 2018, 11:25:10 AM »
I've got a ca. 1970s Heath console, a solid-state variety, with the electronics identified as AD-19.  It was a streetside find.  When I went to pick it up, the man said that his son was happy--his son had found it and hoped somebody else would want it.  The speakers were missing and one channel isn't operating.  The cabinet sits on end in my garage, which is filled with all manner of valuable stuff in the American style (i.e., the trusty truck sits outside).  The receiver portion sits in my shop, waiting for a diagnosis one of these days.  But first I've got to work on refinishing the GE E-86 radio cabinet (under way) and painting the propeller for a sailboat outboard (just about done) and then varnish the mahogany rudder for another sailboat.

But I've advanced the project.  Parts Express was having a sale, and this time a rubber-surround 10" woofer was available so I bought two for the Heath.  That will give some incentive to move ahead on the electronics.

Chris Campbell

Bill

• View Profile
Re: Heath console
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:00:23 PM »
Pictures Chris......Pictures please!

Bill

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 07:43:38 PM »
I'm usually the one begging for photos, but this one presents a challenge.   It's in the garage, standing on end, completely engulfed by stuff--valuable stuff, of course, like the 1940s cast-iron scroll saw from a heavy equipment pattern shop, or the table underneath the hanging summer bicycles.  I'll see if I can locate an online photo. 

When the speakers arrive, I may have to clear some access to the back side (the bicycle side) to install them.  Meanwhile, it's cold outside.  The winter bicycle with studded tires and fenders is just inside the overhead door.  Riding the bike warms up the body quickly.  Moving stuff, valuable stuff, around in the garage, not so much. 

Chris Campbell

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 06:15:36 PM »
I understand Chris!

Bill